Your child would like to start to writing stories? Here are a few tips from me on how to begin with!
Before you start, remember this is your child’s first experience, so it is very important to encourage your child, be patient with him and soft, and most important be passionate and enthusiastic. Sit next to him and enjoy your time together. It could be wonderful quality time together for you and your child.
So let’s start:
- First of all, let your child write his first draft of the story he wants to tell. Don’t interfere, just be supportive.
- After your child finishes his first draft, it’s time to go deeper into the story and learn about it’s structure :
- The beginning: it should have 3 components: time, place and characters. You can explain your child by reading together a book he or she likes
- The body of the story: what’s the problem? Ways for solutions, and the solution.
- The closure – A final sentence of the end.
- The next phase would be to rewrite the story according to what we learned.
- Now, after your child has a new draft of his story, you can go over with him and check together if all the components of the story exist.
Congratulations! Your child had written his first story! I am sure it is a wonderful story! Don’t forget to hug him, give him a kiss or give him a big smiley face decal. Anything that will show how much proud you are of him.
Remember-The best writing is rewriting! If your child will have a good experience, he will want to try again and again and I am sure his ability to write good stories will improve!
After you practice together these steps a few times, you are invited to follow my next post- part 2-more advanced tips for your child for how to write a story
Hope you enjoy! Goodbye and good luck!